Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Don't run... I wont preach

"Maycomb was a tired old town, the day was 24 hours long, but it seemed longer" Hearing those words for the 1st time was like finding a friend. Someone understands my life I thought at that moment. Well you might know by now, I am a Pastor. I have for many years taken the time to sit behind my desk and write in my journal and then hide it under a pile of books, so that no one would know that I have more dark days than bright days. I mean... Who would appreciate a Pastor that wondered if the light at the end of the tunnel was just another crazy man with a flashlight. I am not your typical Pastor, I do however love people and care for them with a great deal of respect and consider my calling the greatest honor that man could ever have. Yet I also have days that I wonder what life would be like just being "normal" and many days I ask the question; "Why must you be so silent?"

So having said that... This is not a place for me to preach, I do enough of that for 3 people. Yet I come to this place to just open my life to those that would like to laugh and realize that even a preacher sometimes gets lost on his way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home