Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Friday, January 14, 2005

I have been told.....

It was a few weeks back the wife and I were sitting in a hamburger place(big spender), enjoying our lunch when she says to me. "Why do you eat your hamburger backwards?" Now up until this time in my life some 32 years I had no idea that there was a right way and a wrong way to eat a hamburger. Yet now after 10 years of marriage she decides that she has had enough of my eating the hamburger the "wrong" way.

Now if you are wondering how I eat the crazy thing ( and let me just say, there is NOTHING better than a GOOD hamburger). So anyway, all my life i have eaten the burger with the flat side of the bun towards the other person, instead of facing me. Now if the wife would have just said in a polite Pastor's wife tone, honey would you turn the burger around I would have done it in a very Pastoral manner, but NO.. she has to be all rude about it. Trying to make me feel like the minority or something!!!

So here is my quest, to get every hamburger lover in America to turn the bun around and eat bottom side (if there is a bottom side) up. So at any given time when the wife and I walk into a restruant or hamburger joint, there she will see that her husband is not strange.

1 Comments:

Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I also had no idea there was a wrong way to eat a hamburger.

Now I'm all worried that there are a thousand other things I've been doing wrong all my life, and everyone gathers together secretly and enjoys laughing at my faux pas.

Paranoia: sometimes a little push is enough.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home