Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Lovest Thou Me?

"Christianity is a religion of love. Christian morality is a morality of love. Love is impossible without obedience that unites the wills of the lover and the one loved. Love is destroyed by a union of wills that is forced rather than spontaneous. The man who obeys God because he is compelled to do so, does not really love Him. God does not want the worship of compulsion, but worship that is free, spontaneous, sincere, "in spirit and in truth" Thomas Merton

I read these words often to remind me that where I am at and where God is at, is ok. There is nothing better to do in my life than to worship the living God, yet there are times my silence is of greater worship than the fruit of flesh upon my lips.

More and more I am coming to the place that my silence to God is of greater worth, than something I can repeat out of repition because I was brought up a certain way. I am not saying that I want it to stay this way, I am just saying, I would rather have His silence and be trusted with it, than just have Him speak to me, because I needed to feel something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home