Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

My Lord & My God

I have come to a place, I believe it is the table that He has prepared in the midst of my enemies. I think I have stumbled upon it by mistake. Mistake, yes a mistake, for you see I have never come upon this table so quickly.

I feel this wind at my feet, this breeze, this soft gentle moving of air. I can't help but wonder, I can't help but think to myself, is a new season coming? I don't want to get my hope up, yet I don't want to miss something that the Lord has for me.

I have asked of the Lord that I be given strength to be His vessel this Lord day, that I have a greater strength and even more so, a Holy voice. I have preached so many times with just words of man, yet I long for His voice again to speak through me. I wonder, maybe this wind, maybe it is His hearing my cry, maybe He has moved His hand that was holding back His presence from me.

I wonder, oh how I wonder, as the stone was rolled back, if my Christ felt this same wind around His feet? Or was the stone removed for His sake or mine? I think I preached once that it was for my sake, yet now I don't recall.

My hands are dry, they use to catch the tears when I would kneel in prayer, now all they feel is the cold breath that comes from me as I pray. What is strange is that I have taken scripture to comfort me during this season. I know you are thinking, what is so strange about that? Well I have taken comfort from the words that can be found in Revelation 3:15 ~ "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold or hot; I would thou wert cold or hot." I remind Him and let Him know that me being cold is pleasing to Him according to His Word. I know you have had this cold chill go down your back as I said that, yet, right now, it is easier just to tell Him where I am at, than to ask Him to change it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home