Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Knock Knock

Pastor, Can I come in?

Yes, please come in.

I just wanted to say Hi.

Well I am glad that you did, come in, can I get you a cup of coffee?

Oh no thank you, I just wanted you to know, what a wonderful message that was this morning.

Well thank you Sister, I was worried it was a little long and a bit hard to grasp.

No Pastor, it was just what I, well we all needed to hear.

I thank you for your kindness.

Pastor

Yes Sister

Are you ok? I mean, well, I have been praying for you, and just heavy in my heart for you, are you ok?

Dear Lord, what do I say to her? Is this the chance to be open, is this the chance to be honest? What if I tell her, I am weary, that I am tired, that I just want to give up? Will she understand, or will she no longer think of me as a Pastor, but just as another man. What do I do, what do I say? Lord, please help me!!!



Oh sister, I am tired, did not sleep well this week, had a lot on my mind, you know us Pastor's we always carry the extra load.

Yeah :) Pastor, I don't understand, but I will keep praying for you.

Thank you :) Sister, It is deeply appreciated, pray that I know His strength and have the power to obey His will.

I will do that Pastor, I give you my word.

Thank you for dropping by, please come, anytime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jon Daley said...

Hi, I came across your site from a link from the Julia Sweeney excerpt, and have been poking around, so far, read January through April, so I don't know what else you have written since then, but I thought I would write now, as you touched on a topic I hold very high.

Honesty.

I have been criticized for holding this too high, and for not being compassionate enough, that compassion should overrule honesty. And perhaps in some cases that might be true, but I have yet to find one where that really would do good in anything but the short term, and in only a superficial sense.

You had a sister who knew something was up, had been praying for you, and was concerned. I know there are some that say pastors/leaders/etc should not share anything with anyone, but I think that is completely junk. Perhaps (though you don't explicitly mention it in this specific case) that you knew something about this woman, and reasons why it would be a bad idea to share your thoughts with her, other than your fear of what she would think.

I hope I don't come across as arrogant or condescending, I do not mean to be. I wish to encourage you to find those people who you can talk to, perhaps that very same woman.

I can empathize with her, that she probably already knows something is going on, and was reaching out to you, and she left probably feeling like you don't trust her, etc.

I might write more, as I read more of your stuff.

May God bless you.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home