Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just let me surface

I had finally come to the place that I could see the light after having been taking to the darkness of the deep water. My eyes were beginning to experience the reaction to dim light, after having been exposed to nothing more that darkness for so long.

Then it happened, this hand grabs me around the ankle, and as hard as I try to make him let go, it is of no use. The light fades, the water thickens. I fell as if my throat is being closed off. The pressure of this deep water reminds me of the pressure that the Dr. said to me as he inserted five long thick needles into my back.

I think he knows, that if he lets me surface, that I will refuse to return. I think he knows that this darkness is not only for my character, but for my safety as well.

I promise, I will return, just let me surface, just let me feel the sun beating down on my face, just for a minute. I promise, I promise, I will return, I will find my own way back. I am so good at that.

Just let me surface, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home