Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

There was a time

In life I believe there is this cup that is set before each of us, the cup that we must drink from in life.

There are days, weeks, months, and for some years that we must drink from the bitter cup of life.

There are days, weeks, months and for some years that we must drink from the sour cup of life.

There are days, weeks, months and for some years that we must drink from the salty cup of life.

There are day, weeks, months and for some years that we must drink from the refreshing cup of life.

For me, as I looked into my cup, I have found it empty, and it is now collecting dust that seems to have fallen from the sky.

It makes me wonder, did I voice my complaint one time too many, and so He shows me now, what it is to have nothing. Have I complained one time too many and therefore I am given a cup that can no longer hold even the sorrow of life.

Does He empty the cup of them that complain? I thought He would just change the contents, I did not know He would stop filling it. I feel NOTHING. I lay in my bed, I sit in my office, I stand in my shower, and nothing.

There was a time that at least I could find others like me, that I could join in drinking with, I mean, even sorrow enjoys company. Is there anyone who's cup is dry? Is there anyone who's cup is empty? I did not realize how lonely this place would be.

Maybe I should have just said thank you for filling my cup. Maybe I should have just found myself content in the cup. Maybe I have the cup upside down, and that is why it is empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home