Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Which way now

I was not going to complain about it, yet it takes over my life when it comes. I have been under much sorrow with the giant that knows my name oh so well. Yet that is not my complaint today.

This last week has reminded me of my physical weakness. It controls me, it grips me in it's grip of fear and disappointment. For some reason He chose not to finish His work, for some reason He has left me seeing tree's.

You would think that I would welcome it's destruction, that I would say, come and let thy wrecking ball have it's way with me. Yet, I would rather not be conquered by this, I watched as my grandmother lost her battle, and I swore I would not give it the pleasure of taking me.

Why would you leave me seeing tree's, why would you leave me with one foot in and one foot out. Did something cause you to change your mind? Did something distract you? Was it my lack of faith, was it my past that you discovered which discredited me?

I know you have grown weary of my questions, I know you have grown tired of my complaints. I wish I could come with a different song, I even wished I could bring you a better dance. Oh I would dance, I would dance like a fool that dances for his King.

Which way now my Lord? Which way now? Do I return the Dr. Or do I remain silent? Do I ask again for the saints to pray? Which way now? If there is anyone that has grown weary with my complaints it is myself, I sound like this record that it's needle is dull and has trouble moving forward.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Jackson said...

"I know you have grown weary of my questions, I know you have grown tired of my complaints. I wish I could come with a different song, I even wished I could bring you a better dance. Oh I would dance, I would dance like a fool that dances for his King."

I don't think God ever tires of us. If he did, I think he'd stop the population explosion, and wouldn't endorse missionaries. I don't think he's looking for only new conquests, I think he's deeply concerned with the ones who've been with him all along. Sometimes the line between blessings and curses is very blurred. We are in similar situations, but we both still have our blogs to express ourselves, don't we? Just make sure no one intimidates, or shames you into giving that priviledge away.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home