Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What if?

I realize there are not very many that read this blogg and even less that know my history and what has brought me to this place in life.

So I write this, I think to just see it in written form.

What if I just left the ministry, well I don't think I would ever completely be out of "ministry", but step down from a very active roll in ministry?

I don't think anyone knows this, yet almost 16 years ago, I had but one passion, to be a Chef. I know, I know, it is kind of funny. However, I love to cook, I love to try new things, I love to entertain people. Now some 16 years later, I believe I am at the place again in life, that I either decide to continue in a work that has exhausted not just my body, but my relationship with my wife and also my relationship with the Lord.

I feel as if my feet are on the edge of a new beginning, and before me stands a new life, a new world, a new journey. I can either pursue that which I surrendered 16 years ago, or I can continue to do the very thing that has lead me to the end of who I am or actually who I thought I was.

What if I just left? Will I be cheating God or even more so, cheating myself?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

If you're looking for advice, here's mine:

Do what you love, not what exhausts you. You know your own circumstances much better than I do, but I can't imagine God being disappointed with you for doing what you feel is best for yourself and your relationship with your wife and with Him. And I don't believe that God is more pleased with Ministers than with Chefs. I'll be praying for you.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Jon Daley said...

I agree with Jacob, but I would also add - is changing careers going to solve all of your problems? No.

So, as long as you aren't looking to a job change as your savior, then I think (though same as Jacob, not really knowing your circumstances either) that it is fine to look into a different career.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Thomas Jackson said...

"First make sure you're right, then go ahead"
-David Crockett

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home