Patmos Isle

The life of a Pastor, one who has been beaten and left to die by his own kind.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I consider myself as one that has seen the dark side of humanity and has lived to speak of it.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Sun

We are always seeking for the rising of that which carries with it the ability to expose flaws.

I wonder if we have searched for the wrong thing.... If we have pleaded for that which was meant to expose our ugliness.

No doubt, darkness has it's fears, yet even more so it has this amazing power, the power to hide our flaws.

I think we should be a people that realize we are not fit for light. We should reach for darkness as a naked youth reaches for a towel when mom forgets to knock before entering the bathroom.

Sitting by the lake this week, I come to a conclusion.... It is prettier at night. To see it's beauty during the day, one must close their eyes and just enjoy the sound of the water that makes it way upon the shore. Yet at night, you can stand at the waters edge with eyes wide open, the moon looking down and the darkness hiding the trash and waste that careless people have thrown from their boats.

So why is it that we plead for light? Why is it that we beg of Him to give us some ray of brightness, do we think we are worth being seen? Do we think that we have something that is worth others looking upon? I think maybe it is because we no longer trust the night. We hear of the evils that are done under the cover of darkness and now we fear that which could be more of a benefit to us than any new suit of clothing could ever do.

Maybe there are those (including me) that were groomed for darkness? Maybe there are those (including me) that were knitted in the womb of our mothers to never be seen, maybe heard, but never seen. Maybe at our conception even the moon was hidden by the clouds of a storm. Our creator might of had in mind that we be the children of darkness, that we be the people who roam among graveyards and harvest fields under the light of our moon.

As I write this, I am beginning to wonder... Am I a child who is to labor in the field when no one looks, so that there might be food on the table for them who work in the day. Is it my job to rob of the cornfields under the light of this dim star, so that those who labor by the sun will be nourished for their day. Have I missed my calling, because it seemed unfair? Have I missed my duty, because I was jealous? Are there children of darkness? Are there those who must work while it is night so the children of day can boast and take their trophies?

Have I failed Him, because I thought He had lost me? Have I failed Him, because I thought He was just teasing me? Have I failed Him, because what I thought was His failure, was actually His trusting me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home